Saturday, October 5, 2013

...and just like that I'm back!

I am so happy to be typing on a real keyboard again! Smart Phones are great for short updates while traveling but not so much for typing long stories! I am back on American soil (hence the real keyboard) & trying to process those crazy, amazing, beautiful, hard, heart-breaking 11 days. I loved every minute of it. Well minus the minutes on the airplanes, the minute the rat ran over my foot & the minute I said goodbye, I loved every minute of it. My heart was so happy to be back in in Thailand; in some ways, it felt like coming home. So many things were familiar, like the language, the food, the smiles, the smells, the sounds, the humidity & rain. I even started to fall in love with the big-city-ness of Bangkok. The hardest part has been coming home. I cried when I said good bye to friends & realized I was also saying good bye to this place that felt like home with no idea when I'd be back again. Now I'm trying to get used to going back to work, being cold & eating things like meatloaf. These are all superficial things but they are all reminders of deeper things going on in my heart that I still don't understand. The trip seemed too short; just as I was falling in love all over again & settling in, it was time to jump on another murderous 20+ hour series of flights & it was all over. I guess I just got shocked at how soon the end showed up. But it hurt too.
  All of that to say, I will be posting more stories and pictures from the trip. I just need some more time to process it all first. So stay tuned!

No comments: