Thursday, November 20, 2008

Perpetual Thanksgiving...

In a couple days our nation will be celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday around massive meals, football and sale adds. This year the holiday represents something the Lord has taught me so much about during this season ~ THANKFULNESS ~ but not just in the manner of [counting my blessings] living a life of thankfulness is more then that. After all, lets face it - we all have days when we are thankful for life, food, clothes and warmth and list stops there.
On Sunday my pastor was talking about living our lives in a posture of thankfulness. A place where our hearts are turned in worship and adoration to our incredible God. Because no matter how much our circumstances in life around us change He is still the same. Living our lives in a posture of thankfulness means setting our hearts and minds on the Lord - gazing upon His Glory daily and yearning to see more.
The apostle Paul wrote the following scripture during his imprisonment in a Roman prison:
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

[Philippians 4:12]

What was this secret Paul talked about?

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

[Philippians 4:13]

Paul's secret to contentment in seasons of challenge and seasons of peace was a dependence on the Lord, finding every need met in the infinite God. Being Home in a very different atmosphere physically and spiritually, the Lord has taught me to depend on Him in a very real way and to live joyfully with a spirit of THANKSGIVING in all things.

No comments: