Sunday, August 22, 2010

Graduation!


On August 14th I graduated from college! Which felt a little funny since I’m not actually done with all of my classes until November 5. But since there were only four of us needing to finish off our final credits they allowed us to walk in graduation along with the rest of the graduating seniors. Enough details - Pictures!
Thanks to my Momma here are some pictures from the day…



This event made me realize that I am very soon entering a new season of life. I feel as if I’m standing on the edge of a cliff, the edge of which I will be required to jump off of in less then three months time. As of right now, after November 5 I have no solid plans. But I am reminded of a similar cross-roads when I graduated from High School. And as I look back at that season and all that has happened since then, I am filled with a quite confidence in my shepherd and leader. You see, when I gave my life to Jesus, really surrendered myself to Him at the age of 17, I had no idea how that would direct my life so radically. Or how wonderful following Him would be. Yes it has been hard but like Paul says in Philippians 3 “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead…” God has used those hard times to mature me and complete me (James 1:4). I rejoice in looking back at the faithfulness of God and so I rejoice in looking forward to the faithfulness to come!

No comments: