Tuesday, February 14, 2012

~ beautiful things ~

Yesterday I posted about the new thing that Jesus is leading me in. As He has been doing this new thing, my heart has been overflowing with .joy. and .awe. There were so many times in the last year that I felt so baffled, so confused and so hopeless when I looked at the dead garden of my life. It was like a whole year of winter in my heart - "always winter but never Christmas" to quote a certain faun. :) But now as the snow has been melting and new life is springing up, I look back and see that under all that death and despair, things were growing. My Jesus is amazing like that; He can take ANYTHING and use it to make something beautiful. He leads us through seasons in the valley of the shadow in His infinitely perfect leadership to bring us closer to Himself as well as to prepare us for beautiful and wonderful things.
My brother played this song for me last week. It resonates with my heart as I look back at the last year and look forward to the next step.

No comments: