Thursday, February 2, 2012

He's Doing a .N.E.W. Thing

On a journey with Jesus, He takes us through many different kinds of seasons. This past year has been a beautiful and hard season of waiting in my journey. With the new year though, the Lord began doing something beautiful...something NEW and I will soon be traveling again...

I will be spending my summer learning and serving in Mozambique at the Iris Harvest School of Missions!

A couple weeks ago I posted on my blog about reading Compelled by Love by Heidi Baker. With her husband she founded a ministry in Mozambique that is serving the least of these in one of the darkest and poorest places on earth. While I've never felt "called" to Africa, the heart of this ministry beats in sync with mine. I'm so excited to learn from them about serving the poor and broken while growing more in my relationship with Jesus. Daily they are expressing the Father's heart to the orphan, providing food to the hungry, water to the thirsty, clothes to the naked, and LOVE for everyone they encounter. It's simple. They are pouring out all they have for the least of these (Matthew 25:40). It's radical and it's beautiful.

There is a lot more on my heart about this new journey and I'll be sharing it little by little through my blog as I prepare. I just wanted to share the excitement that has been bubbling over in me since I received my acceptance letter Thursday night. It's going to be very busy and very exciting as I prepare to leave by the end of May but I'm going to do my best to keep posting on my blog. Stay tuned!

No comments: