Tuesday, April 17, 2012

.spring. & .preparations.

Spring has been here since the middle of March but this weekend was the first time I was able to take pictures of the glorious beauty of the season.
This forsythia is nearing it's end now but every spring for as long as we have lived here it is one of the first things to bloom. Our forsythia is a burst of yellow and gold to welcome the spring season.

.lovely little purple asters.
.elegant bleeding hearts.
While enjoying the bursts of color and all the loveliness of spring I have also been in a flurry of activity to prepare for Mozambique! Only 41 days until I board a plane out of Chicago to take me to Pemba, Mozambique.
My heavenly Father has been doing miracles with finances! I have bought my plane ticket and have 2/3 of the school tuition covered. I also got my vaccines and my visa is being processed. In addition to the big things I've been working on little things too like collecting skirts and other articles of clothing suitable for an African Adventure!!
I still need to finish paying for the school, purchase medical insurance, and continue collecting things like a small travel tent, a water filtering system, and fill my prescription for anti-malaria medicine. A huge THANK YOU goes out to the awesome people that have supported me through their finances and encouragements!! God has been so GOOD and is providing so FAITHFULLY. I can't wait to watch Him finish what He has started.
This weekend we are holding a large garage sale to raise more money for the adventure. Today I checked the forecast and I'm praying the April showers hold off until the evenings this weekend!
Happy Spring World!

1 comment:

Jackie Poole said...

I thank God that I know you, sweet Lady.

I'm praying for your preparations and I'm excited to see God move through you.