Saturday, May 26, 2012

...here I go!

  The time has almost arrived for me to embark on the next step in my journey. In 31 hours I will be headed for Chicago to catch a flight to London, then Johannesburg and finally on Wednesday afternoon I will arrive in my home for the summer: Pemba, Mozambique. 
  The past couple weeks have been busy ones (hence my lack of updates) and the past couple days have been even busier. There have been so many people to see before I go and so many things to buy. Today the packing really got underway but right now my suitcase is weighing in at exactly 50Ibs and I keep thinking of more things that need to go in it. Somehow it's all going to get in there and on the plane with me! 
  In the middle of being busy and groaning about my packing frustrations, I am getting more excited for this new adventure. I know I'm going to learn so much about God's heart and serving Him. I am so thankful for all the prayers, encouragement and support I know are going with me. 
  I will do my best to update my blog and send e-mails during my 3 months in Mozambique but our internet will be inconsistent so I don't know how frequent they will be. If nothing else I will be writing about my adventures when I return at the end of August. 
Have a blessed summer! 

No comments: