Thursday, August 15, 2013

There is hope...plenty of hope

In my post earlier this week I mentioned a lady named Laura Parker & the organization she helped found with her husband called Exodus Road. Yesterday she tweeted this video footage of a rescue mission by their Bravo Team in India. http://vimeo.com/72370568
The video brought tears to my eyes and made hope swell in my heart. Human trafficking is not just rapidly growing, ugly statistics. Human trafficking is ending. People are standing up to say "NO, Not on my watch! I won't turn a blind eye to this evil, I will fight it!" And those people aren't just white people from first world countries. Nationals are standing up to fight for freedom in India, in Cambodia, and in Thailand (to name a few). And victims are not only being rescued & restored for more to come in and take their place. Traffickers are being arrested & prosecuted. A message is being sent that it is unacceptable to treat God's beautiful creation this way. There is hope...plenty of hope.
But don't just watch the video & cheer! Ask God how you can be a part of more rescues like this one! If you need ideas, check out my post from Sunday.
Love & Blessings!

No comments: