Friday, March 16, 2012

soup again...

I really do other things with my life besides making soup. I was left to find my own dinner on the Friday night before Saint Patrick's Day so I got creative.
I am a wee bit Irish after all...on my Dad's side of the family. Some of my ancestors came to America in the 1700's from Ireland, Scotland and England.
I also really enjoy the holiday because of a biography about Saint Patrick my mom made me read for school when I was a kid. Saint Patrick was actually British but he was taken to Ireland as a slave at the age of 16. Later after he returned home, the Lord called him back to Ireland as a missionary. That is probably why I liked his story so much.
So in honor of my slightly Irish heritage and Saint Patrick...here is my potato soup and soda bread.

The Soda Bread came out a bit hard but it worked for dipping in soup.

Potato Soup to which I added leeks and spinach.

A delightful dinner!

No comments: