Monday, September 17, 2012

Faces from Mozambique...ch.2

Here are more faces from my summer! These photos are of the lovely "acunia" (white people) I was blessed to share the adventure with.
 
My sweet house momma, Shannon! This lady shared wisdom and laughs with us all summer while helping us figure out how to survive in Mozambique. On a side note...don't we both have lovely blue eyes? :)
Some of house # 15's residents...there were 13 of us all together in one 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house that could fit inside my parent's living room! We were so blessed though because we all got along so well. These girls so blessed my summer!
Here are a couple more pics of our dear little house.


Some of us around the kitchen table with our constant companions, the water bottles. Besides the porch, this was our favorite hang-out! 
A rare moment when the kitchen was empty.
This is how you open a can when the can opener breaks in Africa...big knife and a coconut! 
My roomie on the back porch with the African day bed she rebuilt! She actually took all of the broken grass weave out, bought new ones and rewove it together! 
One thing I've learned in my travels is that no matter where you are in the world, no matter how clean or dirty, hot or cold, poor or rich, easy or hard the thing that matters the most is the people you are with. My time in Mozambique was extra special because I was with encouraging and loving people.

No comments: